Friday, August 27, 2010

Tools of the Trade

There is something to be said for having the right tool for the job. I've been enjoying playing with all my new stuff. The antique brads are perfect with the basic pearls. But I got to tell you those little pearls are very hard to work with unless you have the right tools. The Quicker-Poker-Picker Upper (no I didn't make the name up..it is the name of the tool) is wonderful! It has a flat angled piece on one end that you can use to slide the pearl off the sheet and then place it where you want it. I found this nifty tool at Archivers. If you don't have one run right now and get one. You won't be sorry. I put one of the brads in the foam mat from the the tool kit to hold it in place while I stuck the pearls on it. Isn't this cool!!!

Colors used on the card: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil, and Espresso. Wood embossing folder by Tim Holtz, other things used, twill tape (stitched with brown zig-zag)pop dots, Sanded Background, Friends stamp by SU!

So happy Friday got here. Looking forward to the end of the year. I'll be quitting my job. Think I might get a part time job at Pat Catan's, or another fun crafting store. Work is getting to stressful and its not worth my health. I've spoken to my managers and have stressed my concerns but it's falling on death ears, so I'll be moving on.

Stamping Trails
Karen 206

No comments: