Sunday, June 13, 2021

Completed Journaling Pieces using Master Board


 I was in a master board swap, and today I'll be posting

pictures of what I made. The background was made by Cara.

She used paper scraps to cover a 12x12 piece of pattern paper. The

piece was then cut into different sizes for me to decorate. 

I trimmed some of them into tags, belly, bands, and journaling cards. 

This one I added the vintage typewriter with a stamp I had. 


Added a pretty sticker, word pretty, and a fabric bow. 

All the pieces were sponged around the edges with vintage photo ink. 


Added a tab to the top. It was decorated with a bit of natural color cheese cloth, 

paper flower, and pearl. Then added the clock sticker with a wrap around 

piece of fabric under it. 


Really love this one! I created

a pocket with a moth. It was stamped then cut with a matching

die. Colored it in using Ohuhu alcohol markers. Love them! 

Top of tag has a lace flower, bit of crochet under it, and 

pink flower on top. 


For this one I folded down one edge and secured with a decorative brad. 

Added the 3d butterfly sticker, fabric, and words. Under the folded

edge I added more strips of words that can be used in a journal. I can

see this piece being added to a journal leaving the side open as a pocket. 


This one was cut into a belly band. Added some stamped

dragonflies, sticker, and bits of burlap, ric-rack, flower at the top. 

The dragonfly in the center was stamped on acetate using jet black stazon ink. 

Cut it out and layered over the stamped green dragonfly. I curled the wings a bit

before attaching using glue dots. 


Another belly band. Added stickers, and trim at the top. 


This started out being a journaling card, but I folded

down one edge and secured with a decorative brad. Pocket

was created with a sticker. I first stuck the sticker down on

cardstock, then cut around it and glued down the two sides

on the piece to create the pocket. This finished piece

could also be glued onto a journal to create a pocket. 


Just added the girl ephemera piece, and bits of trim to

make an easy journaling card. 


Now for this last piece I used my creative license to attach

two of the master board pieces together to create a flip. 


Under the flip and on the base I added a little

strip that was also cut from the master board. 

Made a little notebook to rest under the strip. 


Notebook was created with scraps that I decorated with stickers, 

and a bit of stamping. 

Pretty happy with how all of these journaling pieces turned out. 

Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: