Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Slow Stitch Christmas Square


 This is a 6x6 fabric square. The technique used is called 

slow stitch. 

Slow stitch is just stitches you use to hold the fabric pieces

to a foundation piece. I used a white piece of felt for the base. 

Used different colored embroidery floss. The idea as I understand it is

to have the stitches show. Unlike a crazy quilt the stitches

can be sloppy. 

I added some buttons after the piece was stitched. Also used

some natural cheese cloth, and lace. 

The flower in the center I cut from the center of a embroidered doily. 

So what am I going to do with it? Made it for a swap of course. 

Some people frame the finished pieces, or use them in junk journals. 

The swap didn't have a theme, but I wanted to make a Christmas one seeing

how "tis the season"! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: