Monday, February 1, 2021

Mixed Media Valentine Art Journal Page


 I joined a mixed media swap. 

The challenge was to make a Valentine themed journaling page. 

The base is a sheet copy paper that was folded in half. 

Only the first page has artwork.

I started out gluing book pages down on the copy paper. 

Next step was to add color with distress oxide inks. 

After that was dry I did a bit of stamping. The bird cage, and some script

was randomly placed. 

Used a piece of paper napkin on the lower half. It was sealed with modge podge.

Used some white gesso on the lower left corner then stamped the heart, and

colored with fire brick distress oxide using a water brush. 

Did a little bit of stenciling, added some ephemera, lace, pearls, key, and

the last thing I thought it needed was the 


little red envelope. I embossed it first with a script folder. 

Tucked in the love you tag. 

Very pleased with this one. Hope my swap partner loves it as

much as I do. I don't know why but when I make stuff for swaps

I don't want to give them away! LOL

We got some snow during the night. Not much about 2 inches. 

Had to ride my recumbent bike, and do my inside walking. 

Today I'll be making a big pot of pinto beans. Had a ham

bone left over from the holidays that I put in the freezer. 

Will be using that to season the beans. 

Happy 1st day of February! Glad to have January behind us. One less

month of winter to endure. 

Krafty trails
Karen 

No comments: