Saturday, May 25, 2019

My First Junk Journal

My first junk journal! 

So what is a junk journal? Just a book put together using

scraps, and "found" items. I made this one with odds, and

ends that was sent to me with the many swaps I join. Clippits

of this and that. The butterfly on the cover is actually

an artist trading card I received. 


Side view of the binding. I bought wax linen thread at Joann's and

the sewed the inside pages to the binding. 

the front and back of the journal was made with a file folder. 


Fully opened view. 


There are 42 pages total. 

Won't show them all, but I will highlight a few of them. 

I attached a few charms to the linen thread before I tied them off. 


Made a pocket and added a few more found items. 


This book had a coffee/tea theme. 

Most of the pages were stenciled using Tim Hotlz stencils. 


I found a little piece of ephemera that had "the end" printed on it. 

Of course that had to go on the last page. 

The finished journal went to my crafty buddy Kathleen in the last swap we did. 

I'm going to make another junk journal for myself. Soon as I get moved

into my new stamping studio. I've been saving bits and pieces to do a Paris theme. 

Can't wait! 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: