Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Vintage Singer Sewing Machine Pin Cushion


 This little vintage Singer tin box I've had in my collection for 

a very long time. It use to hold buttons, but I never used them because

they were not close at hand. Recently I moved the buttons in with the rest of the

"group" which left me with an empty tin. What to do? 

Since I signed up for yet another swap (this one requires you to make a pin cushion)

the tin found a new purpose. 


To make it I used a large handful of poly-fil. Wrapped it with natural batting. 

Last step was to wrap the entire thing with a vintage doily. 

That vintage doily was hand crocheted by me 38 years ago. Glad it 

also found a new purpose! 


Last step was to add the ruffled lace border, and the vintage

looking necklace piece to the front. 


What is a pin cushion without some fancy pins to go in it? 


Raided my bead box, and used glossy accents to glue the 

beads in place on the pin. 


Which brings me to the last part of this project. 

That vintage tin has a very pretty lid that I also wanted to use. 


I got a piece of magnet sheet, and cut it to fit on the inside part of the lid.

Perfect place to hold needles! Used the crop-a-dile to round off the corners of the magnet sheet. 

I'm so please with how this project came out that I really don't want to swap this piece. 

Love to keep it for myself! But that wouldn't be right. Would it? 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: