Friday, March 19, 2021

Snippit Strip


 I joined a swap (no surprise there as you know I love to swap!).

This one is to make snippit rolls. 

The idea as I understand it is to take scraps, and attach them to a long strip

of paper. After the paper strip has been covered you add embellishments to it. 

After it is finished you can snip off pieces of the artwork to use in junk journals. 

This one is 2 x 18 inches, and I used a strip of cash register tape as the base. 


Here is the middle section of the strip. 

That little crochet pansy was made by me many moons ago

when I lived in South Carolina. I had crochet doilies on every flat

surface. LOL Ah those were the days. Anyway I've been slowly cutting

up my doilies (I know the horror!), and reusing them in my junk journals. 

Gives me comfort that all the enjoyment I had making them can carry

over into more of my art! 


And here is the bottom half of the completed strip. 

I may go back, and add a few more embellishments. 

See the blue piece on the left. That came from a shirt that

I wore out. Perfect to use the material on this. 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: