Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Journaling Cards made using Store Bought Greeting Cards


 Trying to clean up some things that were piling up on my desk. 

These are plain store bought greeting cards that were sent

to me. I decided they would make great journaling cards

with just a few crafty things added to them. 


Here are the cards again after I added to them. 


For the horse as for all the cards I removed the back of the card and

stitched around the edges. I added a little pocket made up of tag, and circle

of book page. The grass below I cut with a die. . 


The beach card has an umbrella, and bikini added to the clothes line. 


I added a tab to the side of this one. 

One thing about stamping on greeting cards you have to be aware of.

The surface is glossy, so you will need to use StazOn ink, or stamp on cardstock

then attach to the card as I did on this one. 


Had to laugh at this fun card with a sheep sitting in a chair knitting. 

Added a side tab and decorated it with fibers, and a flower. 

Also added fibers to the upper corner. 


I added some coffee themed washi tape along the bottom edge. 

A donut sticker to the tall coffee cup, and put a altered paperclip to the top. 


I made the greeting" if the shoe fits" on my cricut air 2 machine. 

Added a gold shoe button, and a tab on top. 


To the butterfly card I added some ephemera. Tab on top

has some cheese cloth with a butterfly. 


This is a cute little flower card. Added tab on top and

a greeting along the bottom. 


For this one I added some ribbon, stickers, and larger

printed ephemera card. 

This one also features a pocket using that larger piece. 


Here you can see that tag sliding out of the pocket. 


This is my favorite one. Used printed mermaid piece that came

from Hobby Lobby. The shell sticker came from the Dollar Tree. 

So colorful! 


And the last one. Added a butterfly, and greeting along the bottom. 

There is also a tab on top with teabag and flower. 

These were fun to make. Great way to reuse those greeting cards! 

Stamping trails
Karen 


No comments: