Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Tassel Bookmark from Fan


 I bought a few fans at the Dollar Tree. 

After taking them apart I was able to use the frame work to

make these cute tassel bookmarks. 


The two ends pieces of the fan are thicker, and won't bend when you

take them in and out of a journal, or book. 

The other fan blades are really thin pieces so I had to glue two of them back

to back. I actually used Fabric-Tac to glue them together and it worked great. 

I also used goo-gone to clean the glue from the fan blades. 


At the top of the fan blade I added a large jump ring. 

To that I added a clip. Next step was to 

pick out some strips of ribbon, and fibers. 

These were threaded through the clip then folded over.

I used thread to wrap around the top to hold the tassel in place. 


Beads were also added to the ends of the thread. 


I was also able to find a fan that had white blades. 


Love this little elephant charm. 

This was a fun, and pretty simple project. If 

you make some just remember to have the tassel on the left side of the fan blade. 

If you don't then you the tassel won't be able to hang down the spine of a book. 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: