Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tony's Birthday










Today would have been my brothers 53rd birthday. Miss him like crazy. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. I always took Tony out for lunch or dinner on his birthday and I still honor that each year. This year the plan was to go to Cap'n Taco. It's a little hole in the wall eatery that Tony liked. They have really good food, and on Tuesday they serve tacos for 69 cents.....however....they are not open on Sunday. Silly us we went there only to find out it's closed on Sunday. I'm sure Tony would have got a big kick out of that one. Boy was my face red seeing how I made the arrangements for the day. We did still have Mexican. Just down the road from Cap'n Taco. The company was the best. Two of Tony's friends joined us today. It was so nice to be able just to talk about Tony and share old memories. Sarah and her boyfriend also joined us today. Sarah remembered to wear purple. It was Tony's favorite color. Missed Tony's two boys and wife Cheryl. They will be going out later tonight at the Winking Lizard.

So before I start crying (don't worry about me it would be good tears) I'll sign off for the day. I hope that Tony's friends Mike and Ray know how much it meant to me to have lunch with them today. They are both truly great guys, and good friends.

No comments: