Thursday, November 12, 2009

Veteran's Day

Yesterday was Veteran's Day, and the Principal of the school asked dear hubby to speak to the kids about his life as a Vet. Skip is a custodian for the Middle school in our town, and he was pleased that he was asked to speak. He put together a slide show of pics he took during his 20 years of service. The kids made this card and they all signed it. I think that was so nice of them to do that.

I had some leftover canned pumpkin from all the pumpkin stuff I've been making lately and I didn't want it to go to waste so I added a little soy milk to it along with pumpkin spice and cinnamon, popped it in the freezer for about 10 minutes and then I had a soft serve pumpkin ice cream treat. Great way to use up the leftover. In today's economy I don't want to waste anything.

So glad the weekend is around the corner. I'm working on some Christmas gifts that need to get finished so I can mail out to far away friends. Not to mention getting the wrapping paper all stamped. Busy, busy!!!!

Tip of the day: I have problems getting in all my water requirements. They say you should drink 6 glasses of water a day. So first thing I do in the morning when I get up is to pour myself a glass of water. Your body is a bit dehydrated after sleeping all night so it will thank you for drinking up......well maybe it's not the first thing I do in the morning.....it's the second thing:)

Stamping Trails
Karen 188

No comments: