I finally got the wine cork wreath finished for my kitchen.
I learned a few things. The base is a firm Styrofoam wreath. It is white. I'm wishing now I would have painted the wreath a color that matched the corks color. I decided to live with it. Not going to re-make it as it does take quite awhile to finish one.
I used craft sticks and Aleene's tacky glue to adhere the corks to the wreath form.
I dipped the pointed end of the craft stick into glue the pushed it into the cork. Most of the time the stick did insert into the cork other times it just wouldn't budge. I think it depends on the cork used. I started with the inside of the wreath base and went all the way around it adding the corks. The other end of the craft stick was broken off to the correct length I needed then dipped into the glue again and pushed into the form.
After the inside was done I went along the out side of the wreath form making sure to keep it flat. Then I went on to add the corks around the remaining top part of the wreath.
I used a piece of ribbon and hot glued it to the back so the wreath could be hung on the wall.
Special thanks to Kat for sending me all those corks! Also thanks to the craft group for donating them to me.