Monday, November 9, 2009

How Do You Eat Doritos?

I eat mine in a casserole. That's right a casserole. It was so yummy for dinner last night I have to share the recipe.

1 lb lean ground meat ( I use 95% lean)
1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup
1 can Rotel
3/4 reduced shredded Cheddar cheese
1 medium chopped onion
60 Nacho Cheese Doritos

Pre-Heat oven to 350
Brown meat with onion. Drain
Mix soup, Rotel and meat together in a bowl
Spray 13x9x2 pan with cooking spray
Crush half of the chips and sprinkle evenly in pan
Layer the meat mixture on top. Distribute the remaining (un-crushed) chips on top.
Sprinkle cheese on top of chips. Heat in oven for about 30 minutes. Serve with some
fat free sour cream.
serves 6
calories 268, fat 12 g, fiber 2
Works out to 6 points per serving



My daughter Sarah came to visit on Saturday. We had a fun day of shopping and riding bikes. It was really warm this weekend in the 70's. Anyway when we got back from shopping we made Pumpkin Smoothies. YUM!!!!

1 package Weight Watcher's Vanilla Smoothie
1 cup Light Soy Milk
1 cup Pure Pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
Pumpkin Pie spice
Cinnamon
Splenda brown sugar 1 tsp
ice cubes.

Mix all together in blender makes two large glasses. And speaking of pumpkin.....My friend Lisa made this Autumn card for me. Just love it!!!
Very soft and elegant.


So Skip is still working on the bathroom but we got a lot done today. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Mom is still doing well. Me and Sarah took her lunch yesterday and took her outside for a bit. The sun felt really good! When I came home I put on a pair of shorts and mowed the grass. Hoping that will be for the last time this year. I can't believe how warm it was this weekend. Looking at another day today in the 70's. YAY.

Stamping Trails
Karen 188

1 comment:

Scrapacat said...

Hey Karen! A mutual friend shared your recipe with me, and I re-wrote it for my family. Hope that's ok. Here's the link
http://scrapsrecipes.blogspot.com/2009/11/holy-gaucamole.html

Thanks for the inspiration!
~ky