Sunday, March 14, 2010

Funny Bunny


So I'm going through my stamp room using some supplies that I have not used or have not used in long time. One thing is flock. I bought a nice little kit of different colored flock last year or maybe the year before and have not used it. I couldn't find my heat and stick so after reading the directions on the flock I found out I could apply it with just glue. I got out my 2 way glue by SU and started to apply. I did small sections at a time on the bunny. Applied the glue added the flock and tapped it down in place with an pencil eraser. Then just tapped off the excess. Worked really well. For the egg colors I had to consult my friend Connie. The base card is orange by Bazzill papers. Love the texture on this and thought it would make a nice Springy looking card. So between me and Connie we came up with Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence, and Barely Banana. I think those colors worked great together. Big Thanks Connie!


Both stamps used by Stampendous, Blockart Bunny, and the word stamp is the same one I used for the treat box that I posted on Friday. I used VersaMark and clear EP to add that to the card.

Now you may wonder about why I select this paper flower. Well I'll tell you when I glued the card down I discovered that I didn't cut the shimmery white cardstock evenly. It was a bit crooked on the bottom so I added the flower (that I added Stickles Crystal to) to help cover that up. Here is a pic of the card before I added the flower. You be the judge.....did I need to add it?

Stamping Trails
Karen

No comments: