Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Faux Silk Again


Since I still had coffee filters and Take It to Heart stamp set on my desk I knew it would lead to another project. This time I used the technique on a manilla shipping tag. Colors Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, and vanilla.


I added a some lace to the bottom and ruffled it as I went along sticking it into the adhesive.


I was in the mood to make cookies yesterday but since I'm trying to stay away from sugar I did a google search and came up with the recipe for these diabetic applesauce cookies. They were pretty good with a spot of tea yesterday afternoon.

1/2 flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup un-sweetened applesauce
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

heat oven to 375
mix all dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix wet in a smaller bowl. Combine wet with the dry and mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoons on cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes. I got about 2 dozen from this recipe. The kitchen smelled really good with all those spices!

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: