Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Ex Libris Note Cards


I wanted to try and ink some new stamps. This time I'm playing around with Ex Libris 

Of course first I had to look up the definition of Ex Libris. 

used as an inscription on a bookplate to show the name of the book's owner
 
Okay now that I know that moving on to the cards. 
 
 
All of them were stamped on a Crumb Cake base card. I think this one is my favorite one. 
I inked the background stamp with Cherry Cobbler. 
Greetings are all from Perfectly Penned. 
For the flowers I used Mixed Bunch on Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray. They were punched with the matching punch and attached with a vintage brad. You wouldn't think that Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil and Gray would go together, but I think its pretty striking color combo. 
 
 
For this one I used the Bird Builder punch with Island Indigo, Night of Navy, and Pear Pizzazz. 
 
 
And for this one I used Everything Eleanor stamp set. 
I inked up the flower with Cherry Cobbler and stamped on matching cardstock, and also one on vanilla.
These were fussy cut and popped on the card. Also added vanilla seam binding.

Let me tell you about my bathroom scale. It seems three weeks ago I was going to weigh in. I was so sure that I had lost weight that I was not ready for the scale to tell me otherwise.
It wasn't much of a gain just .4 from the previous week, but it was enough to make something inside me snap. Maybe it was because its been hard to lose weight when I'm limited with working out. Maybe it was because I just wasn't feeling good. Whatever the reason I put the scale away.
Now even though I put the scale away and resolved never to step foot on it again something in the back of my mind must have still kept me on track.
I decided yesterday morning to drag out that dreaded scale again and see just where I stood on the weight loss or gain.
Over the three weeks I lost 2.5
So you just never know about scales.
I'm 20 away from goal. YAY! Now will I get back on that scale next week?
You know I will.
 

Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Kay Jantz said...

Love your cards today. So beautiful! Now I wish I had this stamp!

Kay Jantz said...

Oh and I forgot, congratulations on the weight loss. Hang in there it is a journey!