Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wedding Dress for 5" Doll and Weight Loss Update


Happy Birthday to my friend Lisa. 

Since her daughter Jessica is getting married in October I decided to make her a wedding dress for her 5" baby doll. How perfect is that?
Jessica is getting marred in a cream colored dress so I used ivory fingering yarn to make the baby dress. 

Side view


All the ruffles in this dress just about killed my shoulder, but I'm happy I was able to complete it for my friend in time for her birthday. 

Check out the panties and little booties. How cute! 




I also decorated this kraft box to put the wedding dress in. This was a box that Lisa gave me several years ago with a Christmas gift in it. Looks great decorated like the brides bouquet.


I have to tell you about the side of the box. So I get the box finished with just the top decorated. I show it to Skip and he goes you need something going along the sides of the box as you didn't "transform" it enough.
I had to laugh at that especially when he told me he got the word and idea from watching Chopped with me (foodnetwork show). They always say you didn't transform the basket ingredient enough. LOL
That's it he is banned from watching Chopped!

Hope you have a wonderful day Lisa!

Great news! I lost another 2 pounds. Which means I am only 18 pounds away from my goal weight! YAY!
I'm very happy about that! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: