Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year...Glad to see you 2021


 Happy 2021 to all.

I think everyone was ready to see if the new year

will bring some much needed relief from the old year. 

While I don't see big changes coming anytime soon, as we

still have an 10:00 pm curfew in effect here in Ohio. Medina County

where I live is still in the red zone, and social distancing is still the new "norm". 

One has to believe things will get better. If there is no believe, and hope what do we have?


I just checked the date on my blog, and I see where I have not posted since mid November. 

Its not that I haven't been busy making things, and have things to share. I just needed

a break from daily blog posts. Plus since we got the new kitten Riot late in August she 

has been taking up every spare moment of my time. She was 4 weeks old when we adopted her. 

She instantly bonded to me, and has accepted me as her new mom. 

Riot likes Skip, and will follow him around the house sometimes, but most of her

waking hours, and sleeping hours are spent with me, or on me. 



This is a photo of a tin of cookies my friend Kathleen sent me

with my Christmas package. Her challenge for me was to use repurpose the tin. 

Well since I love these cookies the first order of business was to eat them all. No

problem at all! LOL


Next order was to cover the tin using pattern paper, and modge podge. 

Added some cheese cloth, and ephemera to complete the front. 



Hubby drilled the hole in the center lid, so I could add a knob. 

Really pleased with how this turned out. Looking forward

to decorating the other tin of cookies she sent me. Those are butter

cookies which I don't like as well, so it may take longer to empty the tin. 

Happy to say I got on the scale this morning, and gained four pound since my

weigh in late in October. That is pretty good for me. With the new year of 

course I'll need to jump back on the old healthier diet trail, and work

on losing the rest of the weight. 

Stay safe out there my crafty readers, as the pandemic is still alive, and has

us in its clutches. My daughter in law Emily tested positive, and is recovering 

at home. It is hitting close to home. 

Krafty trails
Karen 


No comments: