Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Vintage Lady Box using Old Calendar


I just had to recycle the beautiful calendar I used last year. 

Picked it up at Joann's. Vintage models showing off some lovely dresses. 

The images on the back of the calendar that shows what each month looks

like was a perfect size to fit in the compartments of this

plastic box I picked up at Marc's for only .49. Wish

they had more, but I only found one. 


For the outside lid I trimmed down one of the calendar pages

to fit the recessed area. Did some sponging around the edges

with vintage photo ink. 

Added some lace, beads, and buttons. 

I also stamped the words. 


Inside view of the compartments. I'm going to use

this organizer to hold misc. sewing embellishments. 

To cover the inside lid I used a piece of actual instructions from an old pattern. 

I may go back, and add a few buttons to it, or maybe some lace to

dress it up a bit. For now I'm quite pleased how it came out. 

Took at walk yesterday, and froze my butt off! It was only 28 degrees out. 

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm going to have to bundle up a bit more to take my daily walk. 

Planning on making a pot of soup, and maybe some muffins. 

Also plan to mop the kitchen floor as it really needs it. 

Krafty trails
Karen 

No comments: