Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Snowman January Junk Journal


 This is the January junk journal I made for my friend Kathleen. 

She received it last week so I'm good to post it now. 

Love this very large snowman stamp that I used on the cover. 

The hat, scarf, and mittens were stamped then cut from pattern paper. 


Frist page. I used a cd paper holder for the inside. It was ran through

a snowflake embossing folder. 


Lots of pages that have flip outs, and tuck spots. 

I used an old Christmas card for this one. 


I used some more recycled Christmas cards for pockets. 




Side pocket with tags for journaling. 

The little snowman here started is an artist trading card. 



Center of the journal. 

I used furnace tape for the pockets after I ran them

through the snowflake embossing folder. Love the texture! 


The snowman here was colored with Prisma pencils, and

layered on silver glitter paper. 


More flip outs. 


Another recycled Christmas card. I added

a little snowflake charm on the paper clip. 



Snowman cover notebook. Love the silver paper that came in the 

paper pack I used for this journal. 


and just for something different I made a belly band

to hold the snowman notebook from a strip of star fabric. 

I backed it on a piece of light weight cardboard before I stitched around the band. 

Thought the band needed to be stronger to hold the notebook. 

Well Kathleen said this is her favorite journal that I made for her. She

always asks me to send her snow when we get it here in Ohio so I 

thought the snowman theme journal was perfect for her. 

Krafty trails
Karen 

No comments: