Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Altered Playing Card Valentine ATC


 Since this is the last week of January I wanted

to get my February artist trading cards made. 

Used a standard size playing card for the base. 

Then I covered most of the card with vintage sheet music. 

I only left a small corner exposed to show the number, and heart of

the card. 

Next I brushed on some white gesso where I would

be stamping the heart. 

Heart was inked with black archival ink then

colored in with fired brick distress ink. 

The ticket was stamped on a piece of yellow pattern paper. 

Before adding the ticket I used the sewing machine to add the stitches. 

Alternated between straight stitch, and zig-zag. 


Edges were sponged with vintage photo ink. 

The two little hearts were made using a punch. I then added glossy accents, and dusted them with

fine glitter. 

Lots of steps making these, but I really love them! 


I also decorated the envelopes. How fun!

We got just a bit of snow yesterday. 

It was warm enough that it didn't stick.

Got Chinese food for lunch after our walk.

I'm finished re-organizing the craft room, and the annex. 

The annex that I'm referring to is the the closet in the quest 

bedroom. Yes I took over that area also. 

Now that everything is sorted, and in it's place I'll

be able to craft with wild abandon! 

Let's just hope I'll be able to remember where I put

everything. LOL!!!!! 

Krafty trails
Karen 

No comments: