Monday, January 4, 2021

Altered Butter Cookie Tin


 This is the second tin of cookies my friend Kathleen sent to me in 

my Christmas box. Her challenge was for me to repurpose the tin. 

I forgot to take a before picture, but this was a small butter cookie tin. 

Remember the ones, grandma, and mom used as a sewing kit? That's the one! 

Anyway....I used pattern paper to cover the lid, and side of the tin.

Used a blue theme as I knew part of the blue tin would show. 

Modge Podge was used to adhere the paper to the tin. 

After hubby added the knob for me I embellished the lid

with cheesecloth, a stamped teabag, cancelled postage stamps, flowers, 

and a paper doll by Tim Holtz. 


I also added crochet trim around the top of the lid. 

Edges of pattern paper was inked with vintage photo distress oxide. 



I did add a bit of color to the ladies hat, and belt

with a red, and blue primsa color pencils. Wanted 

to tie the colors of the paper in with the embellishments. 

Had fun with this one. Happy that I have been able 

to use some of the drawer knobs that I got at Michael's a few 

years ago. The drawers to the library filing cabinet I have are stuffed

full, and I really need to work on thinning them out as I have

no more room for new stuff. 

Me, and hubby got to take a long walk yesterday morning. 

It was 36, and sunny. So nice to get out!!!! Later we ordered pizza,

and watched the Browns game. They beat Pittsburg!!!!!! So happy to 

see them go into the playoffs. Currently they are 11-5. Can't wait 

for next week's game! 

Krafty trails
Karen 

No comments: