Sunday, January 24, 2021

Retro Valentine Cards with Matching Bag


 Made some retro Valentines. These are for a swap I joined. 

The world was made using a die by Tim Holtz. 

Stars were made with a punch using gold glitter paper. 

The image is from a sheet of pattern paper I pick up at Hollo's paper store 

last year. 


I'm second guessing myself about this one. 

A little unconventional because I used black glitter bat

washi tape. Was thinking it went with the what the girl was saying

Batty about you. 

I added the little hearts thinking it would tie it back to Valentine's day

and the batgirl is holding a heart. What do you think? 

We were also required to make a decorated bag to hold the two cards. 


I continued using the retro theme on the white bag. 

Added some lace hearts, and pearls. The bag was first covered

with the same paper I used on the Batty card. I also

cut a piece to adhere to the inside bag. 

I'm very happy with how this little project came together. 

Hoping my swap partner loves it. 

John and Emily came over yesterday, and I made everyone brunch. 

John requested salmon patties with a ham, and cheese omelette. 

Emily wanted chocolate chip pancakes. We also had fresh fruit, 

orange juice, and coffee. We had a great visit. Good to see them again. 

Since they both got the virus in the middle of December we kept our distance, and

didn't see them over the holidays. Which was really hard on me. 

Thankfully they both recovered, and are back to work.  

Krafty trails
Karen 

No comments: