Friday, August 22, 2008

Day Off/New Stuff






I was mad yesterday so I went shopping instead of eating. That's a good thing! The nursing home called me at work yesterday morning and told me that they were moving my mom to another wing of the building. Seems like they are taking in people who are recovering from surgeries and can go home yet. They wanted to keep them all together in one wing. Turns out it was in the wing mom is in. In her state she is not going to take the move well. I went down after work and talked to her about it. Also took her to see the new room. She'll still have the bed by the window, and she doesn't have a roommate. Hoping that won't change. The room is smaller than the one she is in now. So......I took today off. I'm going to go to the home this afternoon and help them move. I'm hoping with me being there it won't be as traumatic for her.




After I left mom last night I stopped at Pat Catan's and shopped! I had a coupon for 10% off my entire order so I spent 86.00. I got two new Sizzix dies. I don't even have my Big Shot yet from SU but here I am buying dies for it! LOL They also have Cuttlebug stuff which they didn't carry before. So I also got Holly embossing folder and some new See-D's stamps.
I've been busy this morning. I was sticking to the kitchen floor when I walked. So I swept and mopped this morning, done three loads of clothes, and cleaned the downstairs bathroom, and it's just a tad past 9:00.
Suppose to be hot today. In the 90's. I can live without that, but hey can't do anything about the weather.
Have a great Friday!!!
Stamping Trails
Karen 243.6


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's way too cool.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I love that scallop sizzix. I dont have that. I wanted the daisy from that example first. I had to break down & buy it online.

Congratulations on your weightloss (ok I am responding to lots of your posts on this one) I hope you know you, your mom & family are in our prayers at VC.

Stace