Monday, August 25, 2008

Busy Sunday!


Skip talked me into loading up the bikes and going to the metro park. They have a pretty nice all purpose trail that you can ride bikes on. It was fun! Thinking about doing a picnic next Saturday if the weather is nice and get John to also come along. Only problem with yesterday is it was very hot! After the ride we went to visit mom. She seemed better about the change in the room so that's a good sign.
The card was made with one of the new stamp set I purchased on Friday. By See-D's called Boutique Grunge. It has some awesome designs. Word stamp is from SU Circle of Friendship.
Colors: Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla.
I Embossed the edges of the card, butterfly, corner, and scallop punch with Vanilla embossing powder.


I have some recipes that I made over the weekend that I want to share.

Taco Soup
1 large onion chopped
1 package taco seasoning. (I got Old El Paso they had one that was 40% less sodium)
2 cups whole kernel frozen corn
1 small can chicken broth (I got reduced fat 40% less sodium)
1 can black beans un-drained
1 can white beans un-drained
1 can fat free re-fried beans
1 can stewed tomatoes (salt free)
1 can tomato pieces (salt free)

spray dutch oven with Pam brown onions, add the rest of the ingredients. Cover and simmer 1 hour. Makes 15 cups. 1 point per serving. Can be frozen. Which is what I did. It makes it quick and easy to grab a bag of soup and heat in the microwave.

Also made:

Angel Food Delights
1-Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix
1-20 oz can of crushed pineapple in its own juice

Mix both of the ingredients in a batter bowl. Line muffin tin with paper liners add the mixture. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Makes 36. Each muffin 1 point each. YUMMY!!!!!! I froze these also. I can just grab and go!
Well back to work I go this morning after having a 3 day weekend...and just think...I have another three day weekend coming up after I work this week. YAY!
Have a great Monday
Stamping Trails
Karen 243.6

1 comment:

Bunny B said...

Mmm... taco soup! YUMMY!