Monday, January 19, 2015

Creative Blog Hop



Well I was thrilled when my cyber/stamping buddy

Terri Tank invited me to do the Creative Blog Hop. 
 
This hop has been touring around a very long time and
 
I'm not sure who got it started, but I love blog hops so
 
I'm glad to join it! 
 
 
 
 As many of my followers know I've been doing Mailable Mondays for

awhile. I'm almost at 100 posts with this feature. What is Mailable Monday?

Simple cards that can be mailed using one 1st class stamp. These cards

don't have lots of embellishments, but they still make a good showing!

Since its Monday I thought I'd still work one in. 

This card has stamps From the Herd. Image is done on 

shimming white card stock and colored with aqua painter with Smokey Slate, 

and Basic Gray. Inside card reads "and hope you are feeling better soon" 


I also like to think out of the box. This card features the new 

Artisan kit. It comes with two laser cut pieces that you can use for a focal point

on a card. I decided to use one as a stencil. I laid the die cut on white card stock and held it

in place with post it notes. Then I used sponge daubers to color in the roses with Soft Sky, 

Pool Party, and Marina Mist ink. The leaves were sponged with Old Olive. 

This piece was then layered on black. The next layer uses Shabby Chic style. One of 

my favorites! I grudged up Pool Party card stock with pool party, and early espresso ink. 

Next I ran it through the big shot with the Lovely Lace embossing folder. 

The greeting was cut using Project Life cards and labels framelits. 

The paper doily and decorative piece are also from the Artisan kit. 


I know I have two cards for the hop that are in shades of gray...but hey its

Winter where I am and that is what inspired me to do this card. Since its

snowy and gray outside. 

I used Sheltering Tree stamp set on Smokey Slate cardstock. Tree trunk inked with 

Early Espresso. The rest was inked with white craft ink. I added more snow to the branches using

a white gel pen. 

The greeting is from the same stamp set, and I again used the Project Life framelits. 

For the 1st part of this hop I was asked the following 4 questions.

What are you working on?  
Right now I'm just working on things to post on my blog. I try to have a post for my readers each day. I'm also researching craft projects for my daughters wedding. I'll be making the table decor, invitations and other things. That is going to keep me pretty busy all year! 

How does your work differ from others in your genre?
Hmmmmm.....I don't really think I'm different. I try to think out of the box and add a different 
twist to the things I make. Sometimes cards that others have done are so darn cute that they need to be CASED. I love when I see that someone has CASED my cards. Mixed Media is also a favorite of mine. I like to mix stamping with sewing and other crafts. Also very popular with me is Shabby Chic, vintage, and collage style.

Why do you create what you do?
For the sheer fun of it! I love to craft. Been crafting all my life. I learned how to knit in 4th grade then found out crochet was faster then learn that. Taught myself how to sew, and do needlepoint. One craft led to another then yet another. I've been stamping since 2001. I have to laugh at that now as I first learned about stamping from a friend while my husband was stationed in Guam. I thought this is not for me and couldn't see myself doing it, but X amount of stamp sets, and supplies later I'm still enjoying it! 

How does your creative process work?
This is an easy question for me......it just comes to me. I get inspired by all things around me. It could be a color palette I see in a magazine, or on TV. I like the Property Brothers and get some color combos from them. The seasons also inspire me. Other stampers for sure. There are so many talented people out there who post on there blogs and Pinterest. 

For the 2nd part of my part in this hop I was asked to find two

other stamping bloggers who would love to join in this swap. 

I'd like to thank Gwen

 
for joining. 
 
You can click on there names to see there great blog sites now, and

don't forget to view them on January 26th when they will doing the

Creative Blog Hop. 
 
WHEW I'm tired!!! I think this is my longest ever blog post!!!!
 
I enjoyed it! 
 
 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: