Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Take a Tip Tuesday


Another great new set. This one is called Sheltering Tree. 

It will be in the Occasions catalog which begins today!

Colors used for the tree: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, and Early

Espresso. The grassy hills were stamped with Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, and Pear Pizzazz. 

For the background sky I used a sponge and Soft Sky ink. 

This is a single layer card pretty much as only the greeting is popped up on the front. 

I used the word window punch and made the strip longer to fit the word. 

Now for the tip.


To keep the polymer stamps neat in the case I've been taking the printed acetate sheet

that they come on and use glue dots to hold it in place in between the plastic case

and the plastic sleeve. On the inside I place the stamps over the images. Make sure

if you do this to have the word images pointed out so you can read them. 


This set is so large that it came in a large wood box case. So I removed the paper image sheet so

I could place the other half of the set the opposite side.


I cut the binding part away from the main sheet and slid it back into place. 

This way when I store the sets I can still see the name on the binding. 

Here is bonus tip for you....save the top layer of the acetate sheets. I've been

using these for window sheets! 

And one more piece of info before I sign off for the day.....polymer sets will

take on the color of ink even after you clean them. If you look you can see that

the tree stamp looks red, but it doesn't effect the stamping process with whatever ink
 
you choose to use, just make sure to clean the stamp after each use. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: