Friday, September 20, 2019

Glycerin Blended Colors


Sorry I've been away from blogging for so long. 

Been busy, and just needed a break. 

My latest card creation. 

Thanks to my crafty buddy Kathleen I learned a new technique. 

Who knew you could use pure vegetable glycerin with water based

markers to blend? I sure the heck didn't.


All you need is water based markers, a round blending tool, 

and the glycerin. Which I found at Giant Eagle in the pharmacy. 

You only need a little bit of it. I put some on a acetate sheet picked it up

with the blending tool, then rubbed a spot of marker also on the acetate sheet. 

Picked up the color with the tool then blended onto watercolor paper. 


See the gray and green on the embossed layer? The color was added to 

the watercolor paper using the glycerin. Blends beautifully! 

I'll be making some more cards using this simple blending technique. 

Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: