Monday, December 7, 2009

Cookie Exchange

So my gal friends in TX are having a cookie exchange and I asked if I could be in it too even though I'm in Ohio and they would have to be mailed. Hadn't been in a cookie exchange one for a very long time, and thought it would be fun. I'll give the cookies to hubby Skip as I'm sure he will enjoy them, but I did find out that one of the girls chose to make a Weight Watcher cookie as two of us are following that plan. Big Thanks AMBER!!!

The exchange isn't till the 20th of this month but I wanted to get all my out of town boxes in the mail so I went with a cookie mix instead of baking the cookies. Of course I'm doing a more point friendly cookie also. I found the prefect container for the mix. These auto coffee mugs were wonderful because they had a removable paper insert that allowed me to stamp my own design. I used a big wheel with white craft ink on navy blue cardstock. My two years of working at the YUM YUM tree (candy/gift store) really paid off as I was able to wrap the filled mugs in clear cello wrap and add a snowflake package tie. The recipe card was made using SU Retired stamp set What's for Dinner. The Lets Bake Cookie stamp is by See-D's.

Okay now for the recipe:

Breakfast Cookie

1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup unsweented apple sauce
3 oz rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 raisins
1 1/3 cup non-fat dry powdered milk
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

pre-heat oven to 350. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. I use butter flavored Pam. Drop cookies by teaspoon so there are a total of 16 of them. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
Each cookie has one point value.
You can make 4 large breakfast cookies from this recipe instead of 16 small ones. Point value for each would be 4 points. They are so yummy right from the oven.

Only things my friends will need to do is to add the apple sauce. Very simple!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen 187.5

No comments: