Saturday, October 22, 2011

SUStars Blog Hop Holiday Hoopla

Welcome to the Holiday Hoopla blog hop. If you missed the other blogs you can start at the top by visiting the SUStars Blog

Or you may have arrived here from Shelly Peck


For my part of this Hoopla I made a card luminary. Base card is Not Quite Navy. I punched the upper side of the card with the 2 1/2 inch circle punch. On the inside of the card I attached a piece of vellum over the opening. Roof was made using strips of scallops from Tasteful Trim Big Shot die. Smaller scallop on the chimney was made using scallop boarder punch. Reindeer made using stocking punch. For the word Santa I typed it up on computer paper. I wanted it to appear that one of Santa's reindeer was getting worried about how long the "old gent" was taking to come back on the roof.




From the side view you can see the battery operated votive candle. Pictures don't do it justice. The card is really very pretty.


On the inside I layered a piece of vanilla cardstock and stamped "Christmas Greetings" from the Grateful Greetings stamp set, its centered to show through the vellum circle when the card is closed.

This is a very simple easel card using the scallop circle Big Shot die. To make the candy wreath I took one of the skinny cello bags and filled with little red and green candies, formed a circle with it and tied a bow on top. I stamped the pine cones from the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set on white cardstock, punched with 2 1/2 circle punch and attached the candy wreath to it using glue dots.

Hope you are enjoying your tour of the Holiday Hoopla Blog Hop. Next up is
Shari Dudek

Stamping Trails
Karen

12 comments:

Carol Parcell said...

I love the luminary card! Such a great idea. I would never have thought of that. Your wreath card is quite lovely too!

Shari said...

Great stuff! I love the wreath idea - very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! Wonderful projects. So creative! I like the luminary card and the wreath idea is cool! TFS!
Raissa

Carey said...

What a great idea on both of the cards. I think I really love the wreath idea. I just got around to ordering the little bags and will have to CASE this. Great job Karen (as always)

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Debby said...

I love this Karen, awesome job!
angel hugs
Debby

Deborah said...

Both are great projects. I love the way you used the 1x8 bag. Nice to be reminded there are more ways to use it.

Veronica said...

Very clever cards. TFS.

Maggi Minneman said...

these are GREAT ideas. Very creative reindeer card! Thanks for sharing.

Janice said...

As always, your projects are fantastic Karen. Love your ideas. Like the idea of making a wreath out of the little bags.

Patrice H said...

I spent a good portion of an hour visiting your blog. I really like your style and you are very talented. Too many beautiful projects to comment on all of them just know I think you Rock!!! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Lynn said...

Too much talent not to share! Were you a teacher in your former life?
Lynn

Krafting Karen said...

Nope Lynn not a teacher...but I do love to teacher. I was a trainer for a bit at my old job. Guess that's why I have stamp camps at my home so I can share my love of stamping with others.