Thursday, December 19, 2013

Wreath from Joyful Christmas Stamp Set


I had to make some gift tags for Sarah's Christmas gifts. 

Since I wrapped her gifts with vanilla paper that had red stripes with green wreaths in the center I had to make wreath tags to match. 

Started off with a 3 1/2 inch wide strip of vanilla cardstock. I angled the top to make it look like a gift tag. 

I used a brad clear container (from SU) and traced around it with a pencil onto the cardstock. 

The leaf (from Joyful Christmas stamp set) was inked with Old Olive. Once I stamped the leaf without picking it up from the cardstock I gave it a twist. I continued to do this all the way around the traced circle. 

I went back with an eraser and removed the pencil line. 
Red berries were made with a clean pencil eraser that was pressed into Real Red ink. 

I am very happy with how this turned out. Skip though I should color in the leaves on the wreath as too much cardstock was showing, but I decided not to do this. I like the open and airy look. 


Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: