Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Umbrella, and Polar Bear ATC


I joined an artist trading card swap with the

theme being umbrellas, and polar bears. 

You had to make one with the standard size

3 1/2 x 2 1/2, and the other using 

a 2 1/2 circle. 

The umbrella I used watercolor paper. 

I first misted with a little water. Next I added a few

drops of dye based re-inkers. Lastly I blew the ink

around using a straw. The umbrella man is a Tim Holtz

stamp that came in the package called "Muse" 

The greeting I used was also in the set. 





and here is the polar bear circle. 

I used the same technique to create the blues for the sky. 

The bears were stamped on shimmery white cardstock then cut. 

Did some shading with a blender pen, and inks. 

I wanted the bears to be looking up at a star so

I punched out two stars and glued a piece of wire

between them. Then the wire was sandwiched in between

two circles. I also added some white mica flakes around

the bottom of the bears for the snow. 

Hope my swap partner enjoys them. 

I'm still sick. It started on Monday with a scratchy throat. Now

it is a full blown cold. JOY!!!!!! 

Stamping achoo trails
Karen


No comments: