Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Monday

Have you ever done any "resist" technique using acrylic paint?
This is the time I ever tried it.
The flower strip going down the side of this card uses resist technique.
First I cut a strip of Sage Shadow, then inked the wheel with VersaMark
and rolled it over the cardstock strip.
Next I embossed the strip.
Here comes the fun part....I used Pale Yellow acrylic paint and with a foam brush
I painted the entire cardstock strip.
Let it dry for little over a minute then
rubbed the paint away that was over the embossed image.
Pretty darn cool!!!
The flowers beneath the paint shows the Sage Shadow color.
I was impressed! I'' have to try this technique again. Real soon!
Stamp set used is Level 2 Hostess set from Stampin'Up!
Spring Solitude
Colors: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Sage Shadow, and Pixie Pink
After visiting with my mom yesterday morning I stopped at Pat Catan's. Picked up some clearence items. Not showing them to you now......you'll just have to wait till I use them in my next card project later this week. I know I'm bad to tease!
Stamping Trails!!!!

No comments: