Saturday, September 17, 2011

SU Stars Blog Hop


Welcome to the SU Stars Blog Hop. Theme for this weekend's hop is scrapbooking. I decided to make a little mini album using the stocking die found in the Holiday mini catalog. Using the Big Shot I cut chipboard and frostwood lodge designer paper. I also cut 8 crumb cake pieces of cardstock from the stocking. Tombo liquid glue was used to adhere the designer paper stocking to the chipboard. The tree from Christmas Lodge stamp set was stamped on Shimmery white cardstock using garden green, and espresso ink. Tree was then cut out, sponged, and popped on the stocking front. I added some rhinestones just to perk it up a bit.


The lodge was stamped with espresso ink, and I used a white gel pen to add the snow to the roof. Trimmed down some Christmas tree photos for the inside pages. Seems like I have a ton of photos that I've taken with just the Christmas tree over the years. I thought a fun way to showcase them was to punch parts of the tree with the scallop square punch and use them randomly throughout the book.


Thanks for stopping by. Next up on the Hop is Robin Messenheimer you can see her blog HERE

If you'd like to start at the beginning of the HOP visit HERE

16 comments:

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Karen, Karen, Karen, this is fantastic--and what a great stocking stuffer this would be! I agree--using the scallop square punch to highlight the details on the tree is really cool. . . .

Shari said...

I love our new Stocking die! Great idea for it, Karen!

Veronica said...

Oh, so clever! TFS.

Carey said...

Doggone but that is good. I love this die and how you used it.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

creations by jackie said...

How cute is this! Stocking mini album, you are a clever girl. I just love all the little details. What a wonderful gift. Thanks for sharing.

Robin Messenheimer said...

This is just too cute! I may have to buy that die yet.

inkedx2 said...

This is so cute! It would make an adorable Christmas album. Love the Lodge ds paper also. TFS

ArtisticInkspirations said...

I love it!! Clever and unique!! What a great way to send a card and scrapbook in one!!

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

The Stocking Die is my new favorite toy and this is a great new way for me to play with it. Thanks for the inspiration. Love this idea.

Anonymous said...

very nice, love the stocking!

Carol Parcell said...

I love this! I really need to put that die to use soon. Thanks!

Janice said...

Wow, what a cute idea, I just love it.

Sharon Huffman said...

WOW! That stocking album is awesome! TFS!

Chris O said...

Oh my goodness, Karen ,that is simply genius! I am going to CASE this idea for sure!

Nichole Loe said...

Oh my gosh! What a cool idea!! I love this!!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

What a cute idea - I hadn't thought to make a mini album with that die. Guess what I will be making soon ~ LOL! TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers