Saturday, October 3, 2009

Butternut Acorn Soup and A New Stove




My Birthday was Wednesday and hubby bought me a new stove. I'm so happy with it!!! Really needed a new one. Love the smooth surface, heats up quickly. I'll be sharing some pictures of other birthday goodies I got though out the week so check back to see. Okay back to the soup recipe.

Acorn Butternut Squash Soup.
10 servings 1 point per 1 cup serving
pre heat oven to 350

Medium size acorn and butternut squash.
Cut each squash in half scoop out seeds. Bake
in oven for about 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
While waiting on the squash to bake spray large sauce pan with cooking spray add 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion and
saute. Add 32 oz box of fat free sodium reduced chicken
broth, dash of pepper and 1/3 cup packed brown sugar. When squash is done scoop out pulp and add to the broth. Use an immersion
blender and blend the soup well. Add one 8 oz package of fat free cream cheese and cinnamon to taste. I used about 1/2 tsp. Blend until smooth. Serve with bit of cinnamon on top for garish.
I made another food discovery! Flat bread by Wheat Thins. Great cracker and only 1 point for two large crackers. Went very well with the soup.


Lost another pound this past week. I'm on a roll!!!

Stamping Trails
Karen 189

No comments: