Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 6 Gift Card Holders



Now those who know me well know that I'm not one to give gift cards, but I'm learning that sometimes they do make the prefect gift.....and for that perfect gift you need a great way to present them. First holder is made from a standard A2 envelope. So easy to do! Fold the envelope in half then open it back up. Cut off one part of the flap to the fold line. For the other side of the flap glue it down with mono adhesive. The side that had the flap cut off will be the pocket for the gift card. I brought out another old SU set for this project Flaky Friends. On the cover I sponged Crumb Cake and Not Quite Navy. Snowman inked with Night of Navy, and tree was inked with Always Artichoke.


For the inside I use a piece of craft card stock and stamped the image again with Night of Navy. Snowbanks formed with confetti white card stock. Wrapped ribbon around the outside of the envelope to keep it closed.


For this gift card holder I used two textured purple cardstock and cut with Top Note die. One of them I ran through the Cuttlebug with snowflake folder. To highlight the flakes I used direct to paper with white craft ink.



For the inside I cut another die cut with confetti white and Basic Gray designer paper. Again I'm back to hand writing the message. Made this one for Sarah's birthday. The brad is homemade with a new brad making toy. Took some more designer paper for that and stamped a little snowman. After the brad was made I brushed it with some tombo liquid glue then dipped it into glass glitter. Sarah was really thrilled with the holder (and the Joann's gift card)

Well I need to get busy with making some of the food for tomorrow's feast. Skip is working day shift today, and will be off the rest of the week.

Stamping Trails
Karen 204

No comments: