Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 7 Snowflake Votive Holder & Happy Thanksgiving!



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We have family coming over. Tony's family, and Sarah and Jason are coming over. I started prepping dinner yesterday. Looking forward to a nice sit down dinner with family.

Okay back to Christmas.....I used Sixxiz #2 Snowflake die to create these wonderful little tea light holders. I've seen lots of different things made using soda pop cans, and the Sixxiz dies. I wanted something just a little bit more sturdy so I took a little trip to Home Depot. Down the aisle that has gutters I found what I was looking for....metal flashing. As I said it's just a tad bit thicker than soda pop cans and can still go though my Big Shot just fine. The cool thing that I like about the flashing is that it is double sided. One side is silver and the other side is a brushed gold color. Flashing is sold by the roll and also by the sheet so you don't have to get a large roll if you are only looking to make a few things with it. After the dies were cut I took a pop up glue dot and put it on the bottom of the tea light. Stuck it to the center of the snowflake then folded up the flake. For the presentation of the gift I used medium sized cello bags and some red angel shreds. Tied the top close with ribbon.

Stamping Trails.....and don't eat too much turkey!
Karen 204

2 comments:

Tammy Q Howell said...

Those are so cool. Did you have to file the edges? Are they sharp? Love the way you packaged them. This is a definite case!

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks Tammy. No I didn't have to file them. The edges of the metal flashing are not sharp like the pop cans are.