Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Scallop Envelope Box



I've been trying to use my Sizzix dies more. They are pretty pricey....I buy them then they sit in a drawer. Well that is not getting more bang for my buck if they sit in a drawer for months (gasp...dare I say a year at a time?)

For this project I used the Scallop Envelope die made for SU by Sizzix. I cut two from So Saffron cardstock trimmed off the bottom edge of each so it would be the same width as the sides. Next I used the Word Window punch on the top to form the handle. I got the large stitch wheel and used that across the bottom of each piece then glued the two together.

To create the flower I used the scallop circle die on Rose Red cardstock. After punching I rolled the stitch wheel over it and slit each scallop to form the petals for the flower. The brad in the center I made using fabric by SU, but I used my I-Top to create the brad. I'm so glad I got that tool from Pat Catan's at a very good price. Love that store....but I'm sure you all know that!

Leaves for the flower were punched from large oval punch on Wild Wasabi cardstock. They were each folded in half and run through the crimper. Couldn't be simpler!




To complete this little gift I used Sew Suite button stamp on white with Wild Wasabi ink and layered on Wild Wasabi and So Saffron cardstock. The other little card I used Pattern Pieces. After layering I used a small hole punch and half punched the edges so I could wrap the thread around.

Hope you enjoyed this little project....I sure did!

Stamping Trails
Karen 202

No comments: