Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July.....going strong



A better question for this card would be.....what didn't I use on it? I have a lot going on here. Lets start with colors used...Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, and Very Vanilla. Stamp sets: Winter Post, and Lovely as a Tree. Skaters were stamped with Basic Black then water colored. Mask was used before stamping the trees in the background. I painted on some Crystal Effects on the bottom part to make it look like ice. Then I didn't like it so I painted Smooch over it. Along the tree line I added some Dazzling Diamond glitter.



If you look closely at the skaters hat bands, and the girl's cuffs, and collar you will see some "fuzzy" stuff. Thanks to my friend Kat for giving me this idea. I took Vanilla cardstock and grated it with my cheese grater to make "fluff" It sort of looks like Flower Soft. I used a bit of Tombo Liquid glue to adhere it.



I thought this card needed a good embellishment to finish it off. I took 16 inches of Cherry Cobbler seam binding pulled a center thread from it to gather it, then rolled it around a craft pick to form the rose. Leaf is from Bird Builder punch. Also used 1", 1 1/4, and 1 3/8 circle punches.

So what do you think? Is this a bit over the top? Love to get your feedback on it.

Stamping Trails
Karen

4 comments:

Shari said...

It's certainly lots of work, but I wouldn't call the finished product over the top. I'd call it lovely!

Carey said...

Great job Karen. I love it.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Sue said...

Such a lovely card - you Rock!! I love the grated card idea to make fluff, I'll have to try it (not that I don't have a few flowersoft tubs somewhere in my craftroom..unopened, lol!) Stampin Su

Patrice H said...

Nope not vver the top! Maybe Fabulous or Beautiful or Amazing but certainly not over the top!!!! Love it.