Saturday, July 30, 2011

Christmas Journal



I found these natural journals at a local craft store. They were .50 each. Couldn't pass that up. Since I've been doing Christmas crafts at the end of the very hot July I decided I needed a book to jot down all my holiday details. Might actually keep on track this season! Book is 4" x 5 1/2" Pages inside are blank. Wish they had lines, but I'll cope without them!

Inked Christmas Collage with Soft Suede for the cover. Inked "25" with Cherry Cobbler and stamped on Vanilla cardstock, and punched with 1 3/4 circle punch. Inked the wreath around the 25 with Always Artichoke stamped on the same color cardstock and punched with large scallop circle punch. Santa Post was also used for the upper right corner. Added Cherry Cobbler seam binding and a scrap of Victoria trim. Round tab punch used for dividers.

And guess what????????? I stamped two of these yesterday so I have one to offer up for Blog CANDY. Just leave me a comment and tell me what is your favorite Christmas song. I'll drawn a winner on Tuesday. Good Luck!!



Here you can see the inside of the book with the different colored tabs.

Stamping Trails
Karen

11 comments:

Marianne said...

I love your books! Always have. Let's see, my fav Christmas song? I think "Silent Night". That'll probably change by next week, though, lol

Carey said...

I love the idea of this book. Even if I don't win I need to make one of these or have something to put my thoughts in. My favorite song is Oh Holy Night.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy
pedstamper at sbc global dot net

Wendy said...

Beautiful journal. Love this idea. My fav Christmas song is I'll be home for Christmas.
Wendy
Wendy.cranford @ live.com

Patrice H said...

Your Journal is Amazing, Did the Store start with a M??? Your garden is spectacular! My Favorite X-Mas song is "The Little Drummer Boy" per rum pa pa pum...

Krafting Karen said...

Nope Patrice...not the "m" store. Its Pat Catan's. They are local to only Ohio.

Stamper Shirley said...

Karen, love your books! I used to keep track of all sorts of details for Christmas but have gotten away from it .. need to do it again. My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night but I basically love most songs I hear. Hugs, Sassy Shirley vc.rocks.shirley@gmail.com

Mary said...

How cute. I can never get my books to look finished. Guess I need to keep trying. I doubt you've heard of my favorite Christmas song, few have. It's from the 60's and is, "My Name is Phroompf" ( not sure I spelled the name right, it's about a little elf who sits on Santas knee...

Sue-Lynn in PA said...

This is a wonderful Christmas journal! TFS! My favorite carol is "Joy to the World".

Nichole Loe said...

Your book is gorgeous! My favorite Christmas song is Silent Night. :)

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love this! Hope I can find some like it! My favorite Christmas song is "White Christmas", second to that would be "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire"

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers
stampindragon at verizon dot net

Carolyn Sharkas said...

well, my friend, I have to put my name in for this awesome journal, what a great idea. As far as my favorite Christmas song, I think it would probably be Silent Night. It is so beautiful.

hugs,

carolyn