Thursday, December 13, 2012

On the 13th day of Christmas


On the 13th day of Christmas a swapper gave to me....a little reindeer candy treat. Cute little reindeer candy holder. Looks like the designer used the owl builder punch to make his face.


Okay so we all know the many, many uses for Stampin'Up! brown packing paper that comes in each order, but did you know that you can also put it on the floor for the cat? I opened up an order to check the contents and put the top packing paper on the floor by the fridge. I had the best intentions to throw the paper out, but our cat Burbank had other ideas. He's been using it as his bed for the past few days now. He is just as content as he can be as you can see from the picture!


Thanks to my friend Faith for dropping off my ponisetta order yesterday. Isn't it pretty? Good to see you again Faith, and thanks for my card and gift.

Not good news from the doctor yesterday. Turns out that the knee that I thought was my good knee is actually worse than the other one. I had the x-rays done and I have a lot of arthritis behind my knee cap which I don't have on the other knee. There is also a little piece of calcium that broke away and is floating behind my knee. She gave me a cortisone shot which has helped, but she said if I'm not better in two weeks that I'll have to have the piece removed. YIKES! Not looking forward to that. Keep me in your prayers please.

Stamping trails
Karen

2 comments:

Carol Parcell said...

Oh yes! My cats have been having fun with the brown packing paper for years. They don't like it when I get tired of it and throw it away.

Ret said...

hi Karen, I've been reading your blog for quite a while, and finally decided I'd quit be lazy & comment. LOL I love your projects! Your writing is very witty & enjoyable to read. I sure hope your knee responds well to the cortisone & that you don't need the piece removed. not fun! Loved the way you dispayed the 4 round cards, they look like plates!! Happy Christmas season!