Saturday, April 20, 2013

Folded Flower Die with Flower Trim Center


Well I'm ready to see flowers in my yard. My tulips are about 5 inches out of the ground but still a long way from blooming. We get the morning sun at the back of the house so my flowers in the front are always the last to bloom. In the meantime I'm making flowers! 

I started with Flower Folds die. The one I used was the second largest. 
After running it through the Big Shot with vanilla cardstock I sponged the edges with Champagne Mist all purpose ink. Next I used the second largest Shaker Frames adhesive foam rings. 

Next came the fun part coloring the flower trim. I used markers Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango and just ran the brush tip across the trim till I was happy with the color. Then I sponged more champagne mist ink over the top to give the trim some sparkle. 



For the completed card I used Vintage Wallpaper background embossing folder on a base card of Vanilla.
The center of the flower is from Mixed Bunch stamp set. Inked with Chocolate Chip and stamped on Daffodil Delight cardstock. 
Made a bow with vanilla seam binding, and finished off the card with greeting from Perfectly Penned stamp set. 
I'm very happy with how the card turned out. I really like that the flower fold die has score lines so its easy to fold up the flower petals. 
Close up view of the flower trim center. Click on any of the images to get a larger view.


Just an update on my foot problem. Turns out I have arthritis in my right foot. The x-ray also turned up I have a slightly flat foot. No surprise to me, so on Monday I have an appointment to get a custom fit orthotic made.  Hope that along with the gel shots I'll be getting in my right knee next Wednesday will help to correct the problem. No fun being in pain all the time!


Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: