Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Really Getting Frugal


Talk about getting frugal with crafting supplies....Let me tell you that the strips across the bottom of this card may look like designer paper but its not. I was going through some of my Take Ten magazines and discovered that I liked the look of the back of the subscription advertisements and thought they would really look great on Basic Gray cardstock. The center strip actually shows Take Ten magazine covers. You really can't see them though unless you look really close. 
The rosette is made from Pink Pirouette two tone wide ribbon that is currently in the Spring mini catalog. 
Leaves were made with Certainly Celery (soon to be retired) and the Blossom Builder punch. I scored each leaf in the center and sponged the edges with Old Olive. Top part of the card was stamped with images from Everything Eleanor, and the birthday greeting is from Itty Bitty Banners. 
I get to go to the doctors tomorrow morning to have my foot looked at. Been hurting and giving me grief for two weeks now. I also have to make my appointment to get the gel shots as they were finally approved by the insurance company. Hope everything works out. Please keep me in your thoughts. Thanks! 

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: