Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Have a Mug of Beer, or Mug of Root Beer on Me.


Isn't this a fun guy card? I'm sorry but I don't know who to give credit for this one. It's been in my files for over a year just waiting for me to case it. 


I did do my own spin on the card. Instead of the beer mug I turned it into a root beer mug. Would make a nice card for a teen or for a summer birthday. I changed the colors to Chocolate Chip for the root beer, and Pool Party embossed with the dot embossing folder for the layer. And of course I had to add two straws. I just drew the lines in with chocolate chip marker. 

Want to make your own mug of beer? Here are the things you will need.

3 white 1 1/4 circle punches
5 white 3/4 circle punches
1 white 1/2 circle punches
5 white scallop circle punch this is from the little punch pack
White A2 size base card
Either Soft Suede or Pool Party for layer cut 5 1/4 x 4 Embossed with stripes or dot
Mug: White cut one 3 x 3 3/4
White: punch large oval first then center extra large oval over it and punch again this will make the beer mug handle
 3 strips of either So Saffron or Chocolate Chip cut 7/8 x 3 1/2
Use corner rounder on the bottom of each of the three strips and the bottom of the mug
Straw for root beer mug is white cut 1/4 x 2 1/4, use marker to make the lines
Sponge the edges of the circles for the foam either in So Saffron or Chocolate Chip, also sponge the three strips for the mug.
Then just follow the pictures to assemble the mug and card.

I want to wish my daddy a happy birthday. He passed away in 2001. Today he would have been 80. He also would have loved this card as he enjoyed having a beer in his day. Earl use to work at Republic Steel. He was a catcher which meant he caught the white hot steel beams as they came down and would turn them and pass them on down the line. It was so hot where he worked that the workers could only work 30 minutes on then have 30 minutes off. I remember as a kid he would come home from work and the first thing he wanted was a drink of cold beer. So here's to you dad thanks for all you did for me and the family. Love you!

Stamping trails
Karen

No comments: