Saturday, August 18, 2012

Last VC Hop of the Season

Welcome to the last VC Rocks Hop of this season. Sorry to see the last hop roll around, but I had fun with the Hops and I hope all the other Rockers did too. You may have arrive at my blog from Barb Furlong blog 
I'm number 15 on this hop. If you'd like to start at the beginning please visit here

 Theme for this hop is Simply Scored, Big Shot, and Punches.

I made a card using circles to create a fun border on a card.

Step one: using 1 inch circle punch and designer paper punch out enough circles for the border you are making. For this card I used 8. If you want to go all the way across a standard A2 card you'll need a few more.

Step two: After the circles are punched take them to the the scoring tool. Score the circles on two sides at 1/4 inch. Fold them and make sure you have a crisp score. I used the larger end of the scoring tool to score designer paper, and vellum. The smaller end of the tool to score cardstock.

Step three: run a line of snail adhesive where you want the border to be. I put mine down the center of a Baja Breeze Top Note die cut.




Step four: place one circle in the center of the line of adhesive. Then working out from the sides continue to place the circles. Make sure you butt them up close together as there shouldn't be any gaps showing the cardstock beneath.
Step five: there will be a bit of an overhang after all the border has been place. Take a pair of scissors and trim this off.
Finish off the card as desired. I added some rhinestones to my finished card. You may also want to do any stamping on the card before the border is glued to the card.
Another tip for the scoring tool. Every once in a while I'll take wax paper and rub it on both ends of the scoring tool. This makes it glide across the cardstock and paper for me.

Next up: The ever talented Mary Campbell

Weigh in - loss 1/2 pound

Stamping trails
Karen 

14 comments:

Carey said...

How darling!!!!!


Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

MJ said...

Karen this is so pretty! By the way how much weight have you lost now. I as moving on down and then FLEW right back up so I am beginning AGAIN! Congratulations on your success with it. Thanks for sharing your card, it is beautiful.

Krafting Karen said...

thanks Mary. I've lost 26 pounds since March. I started on WW in 2008 and lost 80 pounds but then gained some of it back so I had to start over too. You can do it Mary!

Tricia Butts said...

What a great idea, so pretty and creative. Thanks for sharing.
Tricia Butts
http://www.triciastampingcreations.blogspot.com

stampershirley said...

Karen, that is so creative! Not sure I have ever seen this idea before but I love it! And another great way to use up some of my beloved retired DSP too! Congrats on your weight loss - you are doing great and I know you feel much better physically. I think of you every time I drive by your exit on my way to PA from Michigan ... Hugs

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks Shirley.....one of these days you need to make a detour and come for a visit!

creations by jackie said...

How cute,pretty and creative. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda said...

Great idea and great card. Love how you used the circles. TFS

Anonymous said...

Interesting, I have not seen this idea before! Looks really nice. Congrats on losing 80#, that's wonderful.
Marsha
bestprepgirl@comcast.net

Patrice Herrera said...

You are so dare creative. What a lovely border I will be CASEing it for sure lolol

Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! Thanks for showing how you made it.

Shari said...

What a great idea! I will CASE this one!

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janice said...

So pretty, I love it.