Sunday, January 3, 2016

Valentine Card Using Intricate Die



Well I broke down and bought a precision plate for my Big Shot. 

Last year my friend Marianne sent me this beautiful intricate die. 

Was very difficult to cut out with the plates that I had. 

So I went out to JoAnn's and bought the precision plate. 

Works great! With the die I used on this card of course I still 

had to poke out all the little pieces, but they came out easily as the 

precision plate cut all the way through. I found that it was easier to 

use the poking tool on the smaller parts on a paper piercer mat. 


Here is a closer look at the die cut. 

My very first Valentine card of the year.
 
The hearts are metal that I found in my charm stash. 
 
The banner was a leftover piece from the December Paper Pumpkin kit. 
 
I'll be back tomorrow with the first Mailable Monday card of the 2016 year. 
 
Stamping trails
Karen 

No comments: