Monday, October 13, 2008

Beautiful Warm Weekend




We had a wonderful warm weekend. Saturday was 78 and Sunday was in the lower 80's. Indian Summer is so great! I got out on Saturday and cleaned out the front flower bed. Also did some walking outside.



With the weather so warm you might wonder why I was making Christmas cards. Well.....I had to start somewhere on my challenge cards. So I began with this older SU stamp set Poinsettia Greeting.



To create this look I started with Shimmery White cardstock. Stamped the poinsettia with VersaMark then embossed with ivory embossing powder. I colored the image in with aqua painter and ink. Ink Colors: Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, and Always Artichoke. Background was done using Holly Cuttlebug folder. Of course I didn't have the ribbon I needed (does this really surprise anyone? LOL) So I stopped at Pat Catan's on my way home from visiting mom. Picked up the wide double sided satin ribbon for .50 a yard. The poinsettia was cut out and added to the card using lots of pop dots.


I got on my scale this morning. According to it I've lost 2 pounds, but I think it's off a pound from the one they use to weigh in at WW meeting. I'm happy with any number as long as that scale is still moving down!

Have to get ready for work now. Here's to another fun filled Monday!

Stamping Trials

Karen 231

1 comment:

Debby said...

Beautiful job Karen, these look so elegant. I am sure the ones that get these will be in awe!
Angel hugs
Debby