Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lead by Example


I got some new cards from friends. I'll be sharing more of these with you over the next few days. We have been doing a challenge swap. Each of us puts in two stamp sets that we are having trouble with coming up with new ideas for. We take those sets and make a card for each one. Normally this process takes about a year to complete, as we have to mail the stamp sets around to each of us. It's been a fun thing to do. I have to get busy as my cards are no where near being done. Thanks for the great cards Lisa and Kat!
I wanted to share with you about how many people I have inspired to join WW. A man at work was talking to me yesterday and decided to join. So to date 8 people including my son have joined!
I think it's great! They have been seeing the results I have had and decided to lose weight also. All of this inspires me to be more dedicated to my weight loss. Sometimes though I look in the mirror and think OMG I'm still fat even after losing 40 pounds. After talking to my friend I decided to take her advise and print out some pics of me before and during the the transition. They have been posted on my fridge, bedroom mirror, and bathroom mirror. This is just to remind me of how much I have accomplished so far.
Now to keep me going on the workouts I've posted some of the encouragement cards I've been receiving as well as a top that I bought to wear when I reach my goal weight. It's the size I want to be into by next year. These are within sight range by the treadmill.
**********************************************************************************
Recipe:
Tex-Mex Shrimp Stew (this is for my friends who will shortly all be living in Texas)
4 tsp olive oil
1 diced onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 diced green pepper
1 (14 1/2 oz) cut tomatoes with green chiles
1 10oz bag of frozen corn
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
4 lime wedges
Heat oil in dutch oven using medium high heat, add onion/garlic cook till golden about 3 minutes.
Add bell pepper, cook till softened
Add tomatoes, corn salt/cinnamon and bring to boil. Stir in shrimp return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until the shrimp are just opaque in the center, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
serves 4
This is a Core recipe. If your on the flex plan it's 4 points per serving.
Stamping Trails
Karen 233

1 comment:

Kirk said...

I love these cards! These Christmas ones are excellent. You have so much talent Karen that it astounds me.