Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Belli Challenge #53



Seeing how Valentine's Day is right around the corner this week's Belli Challenge was to make a card using hearts. I had some dominoes that needed to be used so I designed the card around using one of them. Had dear hubby drill the hole in the top and bottom corner of the dom for me. He's such a dear to help me with my craft projects....and he loves it as it gives him another reason to use his power tools! LOL

The heart was inked with Blazing Red StazOn and then stamped on the domino. Word was over stamped on the heart image with Jet Black StazOn, then heat set. Crystal Effects was then brushed on to seal the domino. I added a chain at the top and a dangle heart at the bottom. The heart on the card can be removed and be used as zipper pull.

CS Colors: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Black.
Ink Colors: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie.

Other things used: silver brads, window punch, white crochet doily, Marvey circle scallop punch, Paisley Background.

Anyone is welcome to take Chrissy's Belli challenge. Check out all the details on her great Blog!


Stamping Trails
Karen 213

7 comments:

Holly said...

What a beautiful heart charm on the domino! I love your idea to make the domino keychain and put it on the card - gorgeous job!!

Joan Ervin said...

What a fabulous project, Karen...I love the little domino!! You are a good woman to provide your DH an opportunity to use those manly power tools!!!

Lee said...

Oh that is sooo cute!! What a great idea...I've never used a domino before but I sure am lovin' this card!!

Danita said...

Cute card Karen!!! Love the idea of the dominoe being a zipper pull!!! Love the charms too!!! Great job on this challenge!!!

Chrissy D said...

BEAUTIFUL! We both had doilies on our minds - love the charm Karen! Thanks for playing in the challenge!

Debby said...

Love this Karen, never thought of using a domino. I have many of them laying around ready to be used.
Angel hugs
Debby

Suzanne said...

WOW this is fantastic. I love what you did with the domino and that it has a second use....if the person receiving this wonderful card should want to dismantle it....I don't think I could though it is too beautiful.