Saturday, July 4, 2009

New Stuff!




I've been making some cards from a new SU set. Animal Stories. I bought it because of the elephant. You know how much I love elephants! But I like the other animals as well. With the new stamps came new In Line Colors. They are really pretty!




Recipe:




Animal Stories, Define Life, Great Friend, and Tres Chic background stamp


Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Dusty Durango


Ink: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Old Olive


Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Flower Trio punch, gold brads.


I carried the theme to the inside card by just cutting a strip of Dusty Durango and stamping it with Tres Chic.



Recipe for Sweet One

Animal Stories, Matchbox Messages

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede

Ink: Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry

Accessories: Big Shot Matchbook die, Texture Plates Kit #4, Top Note Die, paper-piercing tool, mat pack, gold brads, hemp, sponge, sanding block, stamp-a-ma-gig

I cut the top note die with Crushed Curry cardstock, then used the texture plate with flowers. I wanted the flowers to pop a bit so I inked up a sponge with Crushed Curry and just added it to the raised image of the flowers. Strip of Soft Suede was crumpled in my hand and opened, did this several times. Then I took one corner and pulled the paper ply apart. Next I used the sanding block to ruff up the inside ply of the cardstock. Made the cardstock softer and have more of a suede look.

Hope you enjoyed these cards. Look for more coming soon using Animal Stories.

Stamping Trials

Karen 197

No comments: